Saturday, July 6, 2013

Fireworks at Silver Beach

Happy Independence Day!
I love fireworks. They are always so pretty to look at. And fireworks at Silver Beach in Michigan are even better to look at than anywhere around South Bend or Fort Wayne. I had a great time at the beach. Jaimie and I arrived around 6:30pm and just played in the sand making sand castles and enjoying the weather. It wasn't too hot so that was good. I don't like boiling to my death. Surprisingly the fireworks didn't start until eleven and I was becoming annoyed that it started that late. The one time I went before I don't think they started that late. But maybe they did, I don't remember. It was a few years ago. Last year I believe I watched the fireworks at the 4H Fair which was also fun but Silver Beach fireworks are much cooler. Not to mention the beach itself. I love beaches. Michigan beaches, Florida beaches, Croatia beaches, they are all incredible. Especially Croatia beaches. I mean the Adriatic Sea is magnificent and so blue that you want to swim in it all day. Overall my Independence Day went great. Except the whole beach parking misadventure. That was truly awful. To drive around the damn beach for over one and a half hours is really ridiculous! There was absolutely no parking available anywhere! Not the paid parking near the beach, not the paid parking farther away, not the free parking even farther. Not anywhere! I wish I was exaggerating. I was going to scream and  just stop traffic if I didn't find a spot to park. Finally I found a spot and it was near the beach. Thank God. Walking with Jaimie to a far away parking spot would be a nightmare of its own. Especially at 11:30pm when the fireworks ended and I couldn't see where I was going. I think I would have screamed then too. But I got lucky with the parking. I wish I could have been lucky an hour sooner but it's okay. It all worked out. Yeah the traffic afterwards was bad. But at least we were in our car. Waiting. Just waiting. To move. Even a little inch forward. But nothing. There was no moving. For forty minutes we sat in the parking lot. That's what happens when everyone from Michigan and everyone from Indiana and probably a few hundred people from other states come to the same beach. Traffic gets a little crazy. There was seriously no walking room on the beach. It was the most people I have ever seen in my entire life! From shoreline to where the sand ends on the road there were people sitting. If I had to guess how many people were there, I would say at least five million. And that number feels small to say.
Next year I want to see fireworks somewhere else. Somewhere more exciting. I had a great time at the beach but I like adventure and new things. I'll visit the fireworks at the beach again some year.

Until next time...
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment