Monday, June 24, 2013

Running [day one]

I ran 3.2 miles today. It felt good. I burned many calories and am on my way to a healthy lifestyle. [not that I wasn't healthy before..] I am a pretty sedentary person. The only walking I do is when I need to go shopping or to school. Otherwise there is no exercise being done. So I have decided to run at least one mile every day to get fit. It's way too hot outside and I die after running for ten minutes. No seriously, I feel like I am literally dying. I can't run in high heat. That's why I quit cross country in high school after one month. It was every day at 8 freaking am in July when it was at least 90 degrees every single day. I couldn't do it. I just couldn't. Now on the other hand, I can run nonstop all day when it's cold out and I mean like November/December cold. Idk what it is about the cold that doesn't make me die but actually makes me feel good and refreshed when running. So I said I ran over 3 miles today... on a treadmill indoors. That's the only way to go. Nice air conditioning and television entertainment while getting my run on. I did get a headache after a while but only because I haven't ran so much in years. It went away after I stopped running and drank a bunch of water. So this will be my new hobby. It was a good day. Can't wait until tomorrow's run!

No comments:

Post a Comment